A lot of people shy away from anything with anchovies in it, but I promise, you can’t even tell they are there. This is one my favorite ways to make Chard… especially in this Gotham Steel Ceramic and Titanium Nonstick Pot:
Chard and Beans
- 1 can White Cannelli Beans (drained)
- 3 pieces Canned Anchovies
- 2 large Garlic Cloves
- 1 tbsp Fresh Thyme (minced)
- 1/2 Lemon
- 2 bunches Fresh Chard (ribs removed, washed and chopped into medium pieces)
- 1 little glug Olive Oil
- First, put a glug of olive oil in a deep pan and heat it up….put the chard in the pan and cook until just wilted. Remove and set aside.
- Next, add garlic, anchovies and fresh Thyme to the pan and cook until fragrant and the anchovies have disappeared….just a few minutes.
- Then, add beans and gently stir into the anchovy, Thyme garlic.
- Add 1 Tablespoon of water so the beans do not get dry.
- When all is fragrant and mixed, add your chard and continue to cook and gently toss until all is mixed well together.
- Remove from heat and squeeze half of a lemon into the mix. Serve immediately…….so good.